If you have books and materials that you would like to donate to the Orwigsburg Area Free Public Library, the library will gratefully accept books and materials in good condition.
The Library will accept donations of the following:
* Hardcover Books - bestsellers, recent titles - both Fiction and Non-fiction
* Paperback Books – recent titles in very good condition
* Books on Tape - CDs - DVDs
* Books and materials of Local interest pertaining to the State of Pennsylvania, and Pennsylvania Counties, especially Schuylkill County.
PLEASE DO NOT OFFER:
* Books in poor condition - dirty, missing pages, broken bindings, damp or musty smelling, etc.
* Textbooks, Encyclopedias
* Reader's Digest Condensed Books
* Items containing dated information
The Library will utilize donated materials in whatever way best benefits our collections and services. All donated items become the property of the Orwigsburg Area Free Public Library. Any materials may be added or discarded without consulting the original donor.
If you wish a receipt for tax purposes, count the items you are donating and categorize by type - hardback, paperback, CD, audio book. Upon request, a formal letter acknowledging the donation will be sent to the donor, but we cannot assess the value of the items. In accordance with tax regulations, no dollar value will be stated in the letter of receipt. The Library cannot evaluate any donation of materials for estates, private individuals or businesses. A book dealer or other professional should be hired to make such appraisals.
Donations are accepted during regular Library hours. Donations may be left at the Circulation desk. Please do not leave donations outside. If you have a large donation, please contact us about your donation in advance before delivering the materials.
The Board of Directors and Library Staff Thank You in advance for your generous support